Guy Harvey Conservation Village Showcased ‘All Things’ Sustainable
Sea Delight proudly collaborated with five ‘Green Gourmet’ chefs invited to sample and showcase Sea Delight’s responsibly sourced seafood at the Guy Harvey Conservation Village at the Tortuga Music Festival on Fort Lauderdale Beach on April 12th and13th.
“We are grateful to Sea Delight for sponsoring our Green Gourmet feature at the Tortuga Music Festival,” said Antonio Fins, executive director of the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation. “Sea Delight didn’t just provide great examples of responsible seafood, they also brought a powerful voice to spread the message to the many concertgoers that came by the Conservation Village.”
Each “Green Gourmet” chef prepared a tasty sampling of Sea Delights’ responsibly sourced seafood at the Guy Harvey Conservation Village during the two-day “Rock the Ocean” music festival.
“It was incredible to watch each of these acclaimed chefs create unique and interesting dishes using our freshest and highest-quality frozen seafood products, sourced from fisheries engaged in better fishing practice initiatives,” said Adriana Sanchez-Lindsay, Sustainability Coordinator of Sea Delight LLC and President of the Sea Delight Ocean Fund. “Sea Delight proactively participates in Fisheries Improvement efforts, which contribute to the education and improvement of worldwide fishing practices at the source level to guarantee superior products.”
The Green Gourmet Chef samplings included:
- Chef Marcela Guzman-Galan of the Fort Lauderdale Institute of Art Culinary School prepared and sampled our Grouper from our FIP in Indonesia.
- Chef Kareem of OceanAire, created his offering with our responsibly sourced Mahi- Mahi under Ecuador’s government led FIP.
- Chef Chris Miracolo of S3 crafted his dish with our Grouper from our FIP in Indonesia.
- Chef Andres Avayu of Piccolo Ristorante created a savory Tuna BLT with handline caught Tuna sourced from our FIP in Indonesia.
- Chef Mano Calambichis of Big Chef Catering prepared a bright ceviche, highlighting our Grouper and Snapper sourced from our FIP in Indonesia.