2 pound frozen octopus, thawed and rinsed
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 carrot, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced crosswise
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut off and discard head of octopus, then cut tentacles into 1-inch pieces.
- Generously cover octopus with water in a heavy medium pot and gently simmer, uncovered, until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drain octopus in a colander and cool to room temperature, then transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and additional sea salt to taste.
- Let stand 30 minutes for flavors to develop.
RECIPE CREDIT: Epicurious CLICK HERE