PECAN CRUSTED TILAPIA
1 lb Tilapia
1/2 lb pecans (chopped)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 stick softened butter
1 tsp cinnamon
4 oz apricot preserves
2 oz orange juice
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix pecans, bread crumbs, salt, peppers, cinnamon and butter in mixing bowl and combine and set aside.
- Combine apricot preserves and orange juice and set aside for garnish.
- Cover the top of the fish and press firmly to cover the whole top.
- In hot sauté pan, add vegetable oil and place fish top side down. Cook for approximately 1 minute on medium-high heat.
- Turn fish over carefully and continue to cook until done.
- Plate and serve with apricot sauce.