HERBED TROUT FILLET
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
2 teaspoons finely chopped oregano leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 (6 to 8-ounce) sea trout fillets, with skin Lemon wedges, as accompaniment
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seadoning):
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat broiler, or grill
- In a medium mixing bowl combine lemon juice, Essence, garlic, parsley, chives and oregano.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fillets skin sides down in an oiled shallow baking dish. Brush fish with vinaigrette.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993
RECIPE CREDIT: Food Network CLICK HERE