Tuna Steaks Caponata
1 lb Tuna (two 8 oz Steaks)
1/2 Medium sized Eggplant
1 large Portobello mushroom
10 Crimini Mushrooms
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
4 Roma Tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Tbsp Rosemary
1/2 Tbsp Sugar
Cooking Directions: Pan Seared Tuna Steak
- Dash olive oil (enough to coat with hands).
- Dash squeezed lime.
- Coat the tuna steak in olive oil with a squirt of lime & lay it in a mixed platter of the seasoning until coated.
- Grill or use heat pan on high heat with olive oil for 45 seconds.
- Place the steak into pan & cook both sides for 1 minute each.
- Remove, let sit for no more than 30 seconds and slice with a SHARP knife (less than ˝ inch per slice).
Cooking Directions Caponata:
- Peel and dice eggplant.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Chop rosemary.
- In a hot pan, add enough extra virgin olive oil to coat the pan. When pan is hot and ready add mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute and then add eggplant.
- Add balsamic and let reduce by half.
- Add rosemary, tomatoes, sugar and sauté for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Serve caponata on top of seared tuna